You can apply for a Student Visa to study in UK Schools, Colleges & Universities.

To be able to study in the UK, you will need admission at a UK University or College on the Tier 4 Register of Sponsors and obtain a CAS (Certificate of Acceptance of Studies). You can apply for a Student Visa once you have obtained a CAS from your University and meet the requirements for the visa.

One of the new rules states that you can now apply for a Student Visa 6 months in advance of your course start date.

You need enough money to pay for your course for 1 academic year (up to 9 months). The amount you need to pay will be on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).

You’ll need to show you have enough money to support yourself – unless you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months on the date of your application. If you have a student loan or financial sponsorship, you’ll need to provide evidence of this from your loan or sponsorship company.

How much money you need depends on where you will be studying. You’ll need either:
£1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London
£1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London
If you’re boarding at a residential independent school, you’ll need to pay boarding fees instead. The amount you need to pay will be on your CAS.

You can prove your knowledge of English by passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider.

– Current passport or other valid travel documentation
– Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider

You may also need to provide:

– Proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances.
– ATAS Certificate (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) if your course and nationality require it
– Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
– Proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
– Tuberculosis test result
– Written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months

Your partner and children
Your partner and children (‘dependants’) may be able to apply to come to the UK or stay longer in the UK.

As a student, you may work part-time for a specified number of hours during term time and full-time during vacations. The number of hours you can work during term time is dependent on the level, of course, you are studying.

As a student visa holder, you will be granted leave to enter the UK for the purpose of completing a course at a specified institution. You will be granted leave to remain in the UK for the duration of your course, plus a short period of time at the completion of your course, the length of which is dependent on the level and type of course.

Lydygold Immigration Consultancy has assisted many students to obtain a UK student visa. If you have been previously refused, don’t give up just yet, contact us today for your student visa application to fulfill your dream to study in the UK.

Scroll to Top